Tuesday, June 8, 2010

5 Things List

I'm bored. So instead of doing 100 questions and talk about oil spills, I wanted to write about 5 things that are pretty cool in my life and 5 things that suck. Everybody likes lists, right? Right? Right?

Five things that are cool.
1. NO MORE CLASS
The fact that I don’t have to go to class anymore is probably the penultimate thing about graduating. I always thought of class as that thing where a student tries to learn something temporarily to find a use for it permanently. Hmm…that was pretty good. I should copyright that. In any case, I always felt like I learned better on my own. Class made me feel like I was going through the motions. No more of that….
2. TV SHOWS
We are coming up on an onslaught of shows coming up that I will actually have time to watch them all thanks to no school responsibilities. Entourage, True Blood, Sons of Anarchy, Californication, Dexter (hopefully), Burn Notice, the list goes on. It also gives my instant streaming of Netflix the proper workout it deserves. After the disappointing series finale of Lost (yes people, it sucked), I feel a little renewed that quality is coming back and in full force.
3. HANGOUTS
This particular one seems like a given but unfortunately, time (or money) has not allowed me to participate in many social hangouts. I’ve done marathons of Darkwing Duck, Duck Tales, and hopefully Tales Spin at some point. Some parties have been fun and meeting new people can be decent. Plus, it’s always good to get second opinions about issues, women, and work that plagued (that’s a strong word) my life so.
4. PRIVATE SCREENINGS
Some people may not care about this one but hey, these screenings are free. Admittedly, there’s a bunch of crap that you have to sift through, but every now and then a gem does come along. Look up “The Expendables” and “The Fighter.” I guarantee you will not be disappointed. I guess the only price to pay for these screenings is the restriction of cell phones and filling out questionnaires afterwards.
5. RANDOMNESS
This is probably my favorite thing that goes on in my life. I went to Universal with friends and ended up in a Korean karaoke bar that night. I went to the Getty and ended up in Burbank that night. I went to BJ’s with friends and we got lost finding trying to find our way home. It ultimately made us stumbled across a bar that looked like a saloon; naturally we had to explore it. Drinking games that transpires during the last season of 24 and the fact that drinking is good when having to be a neutral party in issues. I think my favorite was when a friend of mine coached me on how to drink Patron.

Five Things That Suck
1. NOT A STUDENT
I’ve grown accustomed to all the perks of being a student. The discounts, the connects, and the priority was something that seemed necessary that accompanies the title. When that well dries up, you feel it pretty fast. It also sucks that I will not be able to start a new semester with new potential love interests. I actually have to go out in the real world now. Lame…
2. WORK SITUATION
I work on campus. I’m a Data Analyst Assistant whose temporary job is almost up. That means I have to update the resume and look for a new job. There are a couple potential things I’m looking at. The worst case scenario is me moving back to LA. Nooo!!!!
3. HOME SITUATION
I could talk about my terrible homeowner for a hour. Let’s just say he isn’t really good.
4. SISTER & FRIENDS
To make a long story short, my dad always tells me to be nice to my sister and her friends. There will be some point in time when she’ll have a friend that you’ll be interested in. When that rolls around, you’ll want her as an ally. The theory makes sense. One problem: She does not have cute friends. I’ll admit that I wasn’t too pleasant (there was no incentive to be) with her choice of friends during high school but for the most part in our college years, I’ve been civil to them. In almost a decade, there hasn’t been anyone that you would look at twice…until now. My sis graduated last weekend and one of her friends that supported her was pretty cute. Guess what….she doesn’t live in this country. Lame. I’ve always had this theory that my sis...oh never mind…
5. BILLS
Rent, phone, credit card, and in six months…the bank. Any questions?

No comments: